Sunday, July 19, 2009

And Finally.... The PARTY!

Yesterday we celebrated Kylie's birthday with an "under the sea" themed party at Pop Pop and Mom Mom Witmer's house. The day couldn't have gone any better. We had beautiful weather, delicious food, fabulous decorations (thanks to Aunt Susie and Aunt Katie), amazing family and friends, and tons of fun. The kids stayed busy for hours playing on the swing set, jumping in the bouncy castle, and splashing in the kiddy pool. Even the "grown ups" were able to enjoy some rounds of washer toss while the kids played.

The birthday girl, though most likely oblivious to the fact that we were all there to celebrate her, had as much fun as anyone. It took her no time at all to dig into her birthday cake. And when she had had her fill, she enjoyed painting her tray with what was left. Unfortunately, she did have a minor allergic reaction moments later due to the eggs in the icing and cake mix. But after a little dose of Benadryl, she was fine so we started opening her gifts. She was a good sport as I held her on my lap shoving tissue paper and clothes and toys in her face as she was fighting the urge to sleep brought on by the Benadryl.

Most of the guests went home just after 2:00 and Kylie got to take her nap, but the party didn't end. We hung around with Jim's family and chatted and played and even got take out from my father-in-law's fire company's chicken barbecue for dinner. We would've hung out all night if we could have, but we had a very tired Kyra and Kylie that needed to be tucked into their beds. So after much partying we called it a day.

















6 comments:

Katie @ Loves of Life said...

I was looking at another camera in that one picture, haha. It was a fabulous party if I do say so myself :)

Cindy said...

Looks like the girls had a good time (and the family). I love looking at all the pics. Save some too to my computer. God Bless you all! Gary & Cindy

emily anne said...

So fun, and I love the cake and decorations. Next year the theme should be crouching tiger based on that one pic :)

Grammy Jean said...

Definately a blow out party for a one year old. Everything looks perfect and like everyone had a great time! I am wondering what you are going to do for her 16th birthday! :o)

PS, I love the "Croching Tiger" comment!

Keshet said...

I can totally see the "crouching tiger", but my first thought for this picture was that she looked like a little linebacker. Her father's daughter. :)

The Wards said...

Wish we were there! The cake is most impressive!