Thursday, November 27, 2008

A Thankful Prayer

"Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good. His love endures forever." Psalm 136:1

Lord,
I thank you for my life and that you are alive in me. I thank you for my husband's love and that he is a good father to our children. I thank you for my beautiful Kyra and her spunky personality. I thank you for my sweet Kylie and her joyful spirit. I thank you that Kyra and Kylie and any children yet to come will love you with all their heart all the days of their lives. I thank you for our dog, Chase, and the fun he adds to our family.

I thank you for my parents, who showed me the way to a loving relationship with you. I thank you for my dad who has been a model of Christ for me as long as I can remember. I thank you for my mom and that I am able to call her one of my closest friends. I thank you for my brother Daniel and that you will one day get a grip on his heart and reunite him with you and with our family. I thank you for my sister Krystal and her sensitive spirit toward others. I thank you that you have given her a wonderful husband in Sean and that you've given them the gift of children. I thank you for my sister Lindsay and how you have revealed yourself to her this year. I thank you that you have a perfect plan for her future. I thank you for my brother Ethan and his sense of humor. I thank you that you guide his steps into the unknowns after high school.

I thank you for my father-in-law and how you have prospered him in business and as a vessel for your work all over the world. I thank you for my mother-in-law and how you've used her life to bless the lives of so many others. I thank you for Susan and that you have shown yourself to her and that she was paying enough attention to notice. I thank you for Declan and Katie and how they have blessed us by helping out with the girls. I thank you that you have blessed them with good jobs and a new home and a cute little puppy. I thank you for Wit and the talents you have blessed him with. I thank you that he has been able to bless others through his gifts.

I thank you for Godly friends. I thank you for women with whom I can study your word. I thank you for health and protection for myself and all those I love. I thank you for joy, peace, patience, hope, and faith. I thank you for your love even when I don't deserve it. I thank you for the cross and what took place upon it. I thank you that I am fearfully and wonderfully made. I thank you that you go before me and always prepare the way.

Happy Thanksgiving,
Keshet

1 comment:

Grammy Jean said...

You made me cry; we are so thankful for the beautiful young woman you have become, wife, mother and one of the best daughters ever. So proud of you!