Thursday, October 9, 2008

Rockin' Memories

I have had a pretty fun and entertaining life thus far, despite only being 27 years young, and as a result, I have a lot of "make you feel all warm inside" memories. You know, the ones that when triggered bring a whole flood of good vibes throughout your entire body and you find yourself wearing a humongous smile for the next several hours as a result. Well, I had one of those moments today. And this was the memory...

Growing up my family had a friend who allowed us to stay at their home on Grand Lake for a week every summer. It was THE highlight of our summer every year. Pretty much every year we also invited other friends to join us for our week at the lake. You know, to double the kids fun and divide my parents sanity. One year in particular, we invited another family to join ours. We did the standard swimming, fishing, badminton, volleyball, etc. during the day, but at night, just before we were all about to go to bed, we found a way to work out any remaining energy that hadn't expended itself. We would put on the Jackson 5 album and dance, jump, sing, and shout to the song "Rockin' Robin". We jumped on the beds, spun around the room, and tweeted like a bird. Yep, we put our hands behind our backs and against our bottoms like little feathers on a bird's tail and hopped across the room belting out "tweet, tweet, tweet!". And I felt like a bird during that time. I was free. I was flying. I had a smile on my face and not a care in the world.

I don't know what caused this memory to surface today, but I'm glad that it did. It put a much needed spring in my step and a song in my heart. Now, I'm just wondering how long it will take before I can get the song out of my head.... tweet, tweet!

2 comments:

Grammy Jean said...

You forgot to mention there happen to be eleven (yes that is 11) kids in that house all jumping and turning and singing "tweet tweet tweet" that night! And your Dad and Mom survived! But it is one great memory.....

The Wards said...
This comment has been removed by the author.