Tuesday, March 9, 2010

My Little Lunch Adventure

I've always been a fan of Chick-fil-a. From their menu to their business plan to their faith-based origins to their playground for kids, I love it all. And much to my husband's jealousy, I somehow manage to eat there at least once per week. Usually I dine-in with my girls so they get a chance to burn off some energy in the play area after we eat, but this morning we spent a while at an open gym day at a local church and the girls had done plenty of running and energy burning so I decided to just drive through on the way home.

We pulled in just after noon, so it was crazy busy. The line for the drive-thru moved surprisingly fast and when I pulled up to the window to pay and get my food I was impressed by the way the employees were working together to move things along quickly and effectively. I got my food and pulled away. Typically when I drive thru, I pull into an empty parking space and get the girls all situated with their food before I begin the drive home, but today (and being Chick-fil-a at lunch time) there weren't any empty spots. I did my best to stay focused on the road as I handed Kyra and Kylie their chicken nuggets, but then I realized that the girls drinks had rolled onto the floor, so about 5 minutes down the road I pulled into a gas station to pick them up and get us all situated. That's when I decided to check the bag with my food. Only when I opened it, it wasn't my food.

I had ordered chicken nuggets and some of those addicting waffle fries, but instead found a side salad and fruit cup in the bag. Talk about a bummer! Had it been a chicken sandwich and fries or even a chicken wrap and fries, I would've just kept on heading home, but alas, no fries so I turned us around and headed back to the busy Chick-fil-a.

I locked my girls in the car (they were in a pseudo trance watching Veggie Tales anyway) and ran in with the bag of healthy food to exchange for my higher calorie meal. I began to explain and right away they announced that they had already realized the error and were expecting me. They gave me a 12 piece nuggets (instead of the 8 piece I paid for) and the fries and told me to keep the salad and fruit too. I was very pleased with the fact that not only did they make things right (in less than 60 seconds from the time I entered the store), but they made an effort to compensate me for the error. As if I needed another reason to heart Chick-fil-a.

When I finally got home and was eating my delicious 12 pieces of chicken, I actually found a bone in one. It sort of weirded me out, but then I thought to myself, "well, at least I know it's legit chicken!" I'm not gonna say this makes onto the "reasons I love Chick-fil-a" list, but it didn't deter me either.

So that was my little lunch adventure today. Who knew driving-thru for fast food could be such an experience?!

4 comments:

Grammy Jean said...

Gotta love chick fil a, even with chicken bones. Loved your blog, keep it up!

The Life of Susan said...

oh chik-fil-a... i could eat you 7 times a day...

hahahaha!!!

so glad you turned around and went back. a side salad and fruit just isn't comparable to their chicken!

Keshet said...

Sue, so true! Who goes to Chick-fil-a for a salad and fruit anyway?! Dude just pick that up at Wawa!! And I should've put that video on here. So funny!

Katie @ Loves of Life said...

:) glad you blogged about this!