Sunday, November 21, 2010

Christmas Card Itch

Oh how I've been dying to get my Christmas cards done. Honestly it's more because I just want to KNOW that they're done; that I got a picture/pictures of my kids that are decent enough to send to family and friends.

Last year's were pretty awesome. But I kinda lucked into them. Granted, I did dress them in the super adorable handmade dresses my sister-in-love brought back from Africa. And I did pick a perfect fall day for picture taking. And I was fortunate enough to borrow an amazing Nikon camera from my friend. But actually getting the photograph of both of my children looking the same direction with pleasant expressions on their faces.... I had nothing to do with that.


So now I've got to follow that up. (no pressure) And I've been really, really, really wanting to take pictures of the girls at Longwood Gardens for our Christmas card this year because we've had SO much fun and made such great memories there this year. Longwood's Christmas displays opened on the 26th, so now all that's left for me to do is get my kids and myself out there and snap away.

Once the photo taking chaos is behind me, I'll be moseying on over to Shutterfly.com and adding pictures of my oh-so-beautiful (yet hard to get to sit still for pictures) girls to one of these cards featured on their website for 2010:


Aren't they all so cute?! I don't think I can pick the perfect one until I have the pictures of my girls downloaded so I can see what photos I have to work with. I'm hoping I'll get enough cute shots to use one of the multi-picture cards. :)

I've ordered countless photo books from Shutterfly over the past few years to document my girls' lives, but this year I'm excited to get my Christmas cards from them as well! (The photo books make excellent Christmas gifts too.)


Did you know: Bloggers get 50 free holiday cards from Shutterfly http://bit.ly/sfly2010

1 comment:

Grammy Jean said...

I can hardly wait!!! I know you will get some beautiful, adorable and amazing pictures!